Powder Hound Woodworks LLC (PHW) warrants all raised bed and planter products sold by PHW to the original purchaser to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product.
If a product is found to be defective by PHW, PHW’s responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. PHW will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product or damages incurred in shipping.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations.
- The warranty applies only to PHW products purchased directly from PHW or from Authorized PHW Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All products returned to PHW for warranty inspection must have a return authorization which can be given over the phone or via email. Ship products freight prepaid and insured. PHW assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
3. Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:..
a) Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
b) Damage caused by stains or any other chemical related damage.
c) Damage caused by improper product installation or storage.
e) Normal wear and tear.
f) Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
g) Damage caused by wildlife.
h) Damage caused by the elements:
- Greying of wood.
- Wood rot.
4. HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
Evaluate the validity of the claim.
- Confirm that that product was purchased within the last 120 months.
- Confirm you are the original owner.
- If the issue is not a warranty claim but you would like it repaired by PHW please contact email@example.com.
Email our warranty department: firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of the issue in question and a copy of your receipt.
In either case, PHW must be contacted to receive a Return Authorization (RA) Number.
- Email our warranty department at: email@example.com
- Tell us WHAT you are sending back (describe the product).
- Tell us WHY you are sending it back (describe the problem).
- Don’t forget to include photographs and a copy of your receipt.
- We will assess your claim and provide you with an RA number for return back to PHW for inspection, repair or replacement.
Pack and ship the product immediately. Customer is responsible for shipping costs to PHW. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before shipping anything back to us.
- Use a cardboard box for shipping boards. Plastic wrap will not protect your product in transit.
- Include a copy of the original proof of purchase (receipt).
- Include a brief description of the problem and the RA#.
- Write RA# clearly on the outside of the box.
- Mark the defect clearly with a piece of masking tape (do not use permanent marker to outline the defect).
- Indicate that the product is a warranty return to avoid any associated custom fees.
- Ship the claim to:
Powder Hound Woodworks LLC
Attention: Warranty RA#______________
26400 NE Valley St
Duvall, Wa. 98019
If returning a product from outside of the USA, write ‘Damaged Goods Returning to Manufacturer’ in the ‘Description of Goods’ area of the waybill.
Claim Receipt Procedure
Within 48 hours of receipt of product, the claim will be handled in one of the following ways:
- If the returned product is within the valid ten-year warranty period and judged by PHW to be defective, we will contact the customer or contact person to confirm the warranty and advise timeline for repair or replacement. The warranty remains valid on repaired and replaced items for the balance of ten years from the original purchase date.
- If the problem is determined to not be covered under warranty but can be repaired, we will contact the customer with an estimate for the repair and to get authorization to proceed with the repair.
- If the problem is not covered under warranty, nor repairable, the customer will be contacted with list of available options.
***We always work hard to have your claim repaired or replaced and returned as soon as possible with minimal downtime.
SHIPPING BACK TO YOU FROM PHW
For all warranty approvals we will return goods via the same method used to ship to PHW (ie. if you use Express shipping to ship to us we will ship Express back to you; etc.) at our cost.
For all non-warranty items the customer will be responsible for the return shipping costs. These will be outlined on our quote outlining the repair costs.
Should you decide you would like to return an in stock product bought from us you are welcome to do so up to 2 weeks from the date of purchase. Items must be unused and in original packaging.
No returns on custom made items.
Please contact us at email@example.com before shipping anything back to us.